Highly-Parallel VLSI-Systems and Neuromorphic Circuits
Welcome on the website of the Chair of Highly-Parallel VLSI-Systems and Neuromorphic Circuits.
- Multi-Processor Systems-on-Chip (MPSoCs)Circuits for base-IP in state-of-the-art CMOS technologies, complex infrastructure IP, design of parallel systems, physical implementation of MPSoC's, SoC design flow
- Mixed-Signal SystemsArchitecture development and system modelling of analog-to-digital converters, high-resolution delta-sigma ADC's, SAR ADC's, image sensors
- Neuromorphic SystemsCommunication backbones for large-scale neuromorphic systems, neuromorphic circuits, mapping of spiking networks onto large-scale neuromorphic systems
- Human Brain Project - This project will address the understanding of information processing in the human brain. The chair is part of the subproject "Neuromorphic Computing Platform" and will develop systems for high-speed pulse communication
and digital neuromorphic circuits.
- The BrainScaleS Projekt - Brain-inspired multiscale Computation in neuromorphic hybrid Systems (EU Project FP7-IST-FET)
Project Homepage (Kirchhoff-Institut for Physics, Ruprecht-Karls-University of Heidelberg)
- CoroNet Project - Coupling Activity Dynamics across biomimetic Brain Interfaces with neuromorphic VLSI (EU Project FP7-IST-FET)
- CoolBaseStations - Energie efficient High-Speed On-Chip Datalinks and innovative Power-Management Techniques for MPSoCs
(Teilvorhaben des CoolBaseStations Projektes im Rahmen der Spitzencluster-Initiative CoolSilicon)
- CoolRF28 - On-Chip measurement circuits for application in complex SoCs
- Enersave - Methodology for Design of energy efficient, verified Systems on Chip